# HyperFormula guide
# What is HyperFormula?
HyperFormula is a headless spreadsheet built on top of TypeScript. It is a parser and evaluator of Excel formulas for web applications. You can use it in a browser or as a service, with Node.js as your back-end technology.
- High-speed Excel formula parsing and evaluating
- A library of nearly 400 built-in functions
- Support for internationalization with 17 built-in languages
- Support for custom functions
- Function syntax compatible with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Support for Node.js
- Support for undo/redo
- Support for CRUD operations
- Support for clipboard
- Support for named expressions
- Support for data sorting
- Support for React, Angular, and Vue.js
- Open-source license
HyperFormula comes with a huge library of 394 built-in functions grouped into categories:
- Array manipulation
- Date and time
- Lookup and reference
- Math and trigonometry
- Matrix functions
The functions use A1 notation and are compatible with popular spreadsheet software like Excel or Google Sheets, which means that you can easily transfer the data and formulas between them.
# What can it be used for?
HyperFormula doesn't assume any existing user interface, making it a great general-purpose library that can be used in various business applications. Here are some examples:
- Business logic builders
- Forms and form builders
- Computation notebooks
- Smart documents
- Educational apps
- Online calculators
This documentation is licensed under CC BY 4.0 (opens new window).